The Science Café is a chance to informally explore the latest ideas in science and technology and debate the issues. All are welcome.
- Citizen science and crowd-sourcing
E-mail SubscribeSubscribe to receive notifications of future events.
- 9th December: ‘People, people, people’: the Green Movement and advances in agriculture
- 11th November: The only way is Hydrogen
- 14th October: Fracking
- 9th September: Urban Gulls – So what’s the solution, then?
- 8th July: Advanced Material Recovery Facilities
- 10th June: Using X-ray vision to look at honeybees
- 13th May: All things bright and beautiful
- 8th April: Why do metal-on-metal hips fail?
- 11th March: lightning into Space
- 11th February: Diagnostics on demand – Realising the science of the Star Trek Tricorder
- 14th January: The Mary Rose – Conserving a Wreck with Nanoscience
- 10th December: Ashes to Ashes – Larch to fenceposts – what future for the UK woodland landscape?
- 12th November: The challenges of web security
- 8th October: How nanotechnology will revolutionise medicine in the next 20 years
- 10th September: Rhythms of Life – The 24 hour body clocks that rule our lives.
- 9th July: Bath’s Peregrine Falcons
- 11th June: Atlantic salmon and sea lice
- 14th May: The God Species – saving the planet in the Age of Humans
- 16th April: “We’re All Going to Die! The Asteroid and Comet Impact Threat”
- 12th March: Turning food waste into bioethanol fuel
- 13th February: Green energy through 3D glasses
- 9th January: GPS, the sun and the human race
- 12th December: What happens when we run out of oil?
- 14th November: Future Energy Production – The Dead Human Body as Biomass
- 10th October: LEDs – Applications beyond simple lighting